Friday, March 23, 2007

Global warming

Recently I saw former vice-president and almost-president Al Gore on TV. "The earth has a fever. If you have a child that has fever, what would you do? you take action, you take the child to the doctor."

Mr. Gore. You are absolutely right. It IS something to worry about. (We'll consider priority later.) That ozone layer is letting UV rays coming in and iceberg are broken and penguins have no place to live. We see plenty of evidence of pollution destroying the earth.

When weather gets bad, we all lose. How do we battle hot summer? Air conditioner! How many see this vicious cycle? That produces more pollution! I never had air conditioning at home and I don't need one.
It is not just minor annoynance of hotter summer. It is big hurricanes. See how often we get hurricanes now.

Everyone must take effort to reduce that pollution! Also, I can't afford the expensive gasoline! I want to dump my car and get a hybrid. However, I still have rather attachment to my first car so I'll put up with it for now. I promise to get a fuel efficient car when my attachment is depleted by more expensive fixings as the car ages.

Some people (like the guy who stole Gore's presidency in 2000) ditched global warming altogether and believe it is not important. Some people think the earth naturally gets hot and just ditch any warning of global warming.

However, what I don't understand is this: how come I had a horrifying cold winter this year? Isn't the world's temperature rising?

Ok, how high priority is the global warming warning?

The world is increasingly unstable with warfare and conflicts going on and on. These guys would even suicide bomb you. They are desperate to kick you out. Some hostile nations may have nuclear weapons that may increase the temperature of your town MUCH quicker than global warming can. Why do we have a interest in that part of the world? It is simply because of the oil underneath. Look folks, if we don't rely on oil so much we can just leave them alone. Fighting global warming also helps us get out of warzone.

World hostility is surely more emminent danger than global warming. Does US have good plans to solve that problem? Not really. We just keep sending troops and deplete our tax dollars. Does US even have good plans to solve her own problems in the military hospitals? No!

We are in such chaos.

No comments: